View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 12:08 AM

Default coyote picture thread

i was thinking it would be nice to have a coyote and coyote hunting picture thread.
lets try to keep it simple. coyote hunting related pictures only with or without a small write up.

il start with my most recent and most successful stand to date.

on our way to set up on another stand my partner and i notice a coyote mousing in a nearby field. we painstakingly set up in shooting positions and i range the dog at 235 yards. my 22-250 barks and coyote #1 is down.
i hit pup distress on the Ecall which brings another coyote out of the trees that sits down at 430 yards and refuses to move closer. we decide to take the shot and the 222 and 22-250 send snow flying into the dogs face.
we figure the stand is now over and begin to unload and get ready to leave.
while getting up i bumped my Ecall remote and nearly deafen myself with pup distress. i finally get the call turned off when i look up to see 2 more dogs coming in at a dead run!
we frantically get reloaded and in position again and i turn the call back on.
the coyotes see their fallen comrade lying dead in the snow and know somethings up but not wanting to leave the screaming pup in the bushes 200 yards away they stick around. one of the dogs stops and the 222 barks and my partner has coyote#2 down at 250 yards. the final dog trots away still unsure of whats going on and stops to turn when he hears me bark. the tikka speaks once again and #3 is down at 200 yards.
had no more coyotes for the rest of the day but that stand made it all worth it