View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 10:07 AM

I've been using WC735 for powder. I doubt that will help you as last I checked, it's not available. It's kinda in the middle of H322 and H335. I just jamb the case full. Use rem 7.5 primers.

I'm still shooting up the factory ammo I bought as at the time, buying loaded rounds was cheaper then buying unloaded cases by 2 cents a case.

Once I get through the factory ammo, I'll go back to reloading. The reloads shot to a different point, but the group was under an inch at 100 yards.

As for brass life (and a lot of others don't like me saying it), I found that taking spray on lithium grease, and spraying it a rag, and wiping the case with the rage greatly extended the case life. Took 6 random brass. First I fired 3 with full loads till the cases were getting dangerous. 7 shots. Then I lubed the cases, and fired them till they failed. 35 shots. The unlubed cases had case head separation. The lubed cases showed no case head separation, but cracked necks. I wonder how much further the lubed cases would have gone if the necks had been regularly annealed, say every 5 shots. Even after 35 shots, the primer pockets were still tight.

I thing I may still have the cases, but I never sawed them in half. Just checked with a bent wire.

I have a theory about what causes loose primer pockets and case head separation, but I can't prove it at this point.