View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
User pay for a completely unnecessary program that would keep body armor out of gang bangers hands in the same way that gun control keeps them disarmed? Sorry, but you failed logic 101. They're criminals..... Who for a one red second honestly thinks that if these guys already get handguns and even full auto prohibs through black-market channels that they'd come to a full stop and reconsider their lifestyle choices because of a new body armor ban?

It's another Emperors New Clothes law; a tactic grab by the police that will also be treated just like our firearm laws: if it gets to court, the prosecution will have already pleaded out all the annoying little charges to get a plea on whatever meatier one looks best on their resume statistic chart. Except in Toronto, where the police will use it as a ruse to search your whole house and then sieze and destroy your property before your first court date.
No law will stop gang bangers from doing what they do.

This is not a ban. Why does everyone here see this as a ban? It is just a restriction to have some control on body armour.

Now the article says that body armour is a internet search away. Yes if you want to buy old out dated body armour. I would not risk my life with an old surplus piece of body armour. I bought mine for a reason, and that reason is where I work some times I risk being shot or blown up. My body armour may only provide me marginal protection from this risk.

There is no reason for me to ever wear my body armour here in Canada, unless I become a security guard or bouncer.