View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 PM

I don't care if the bullet stays in the animal or exits as long as i get a bang flop or a very short tracking job.
Both types ( pass through and stopped on the far side of the hide) have provided me with drop in their tracks dead animals and short tracki9ng jibs.
Both have also provided me with longer tracking jobs because I made a less than optimum shot.
The bullet has so little to do with it as opposed to the shot placement of said bullet that it is almost a non debate.
The large black powder bullets we shoot move very slow as compared to a new style bullet, but with a hard alloy they leave more than enough wound channel with busted bones to boot.

the smaller , lighter faster jobs seem to like to be pushed at super sonic speeds and the end result is the same for both types if bullets if you make a good shot- dead animal, and it will be the same if you make a lousy shot- long tracking job or at worst , a lost animal.
Cat