View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Be a lot simpler if Craig looked at from an s.d./min impact velocity stand point...he definitely has preferences, he just doesn’t know exactly what they are.

I know if he logged the bulk of his elk kills and reduced them down to s.d. Impact velocity and bullet construction he’d have a window of what he likes. He could do it for class 2 game, dangerous game etc. The cartridge doesn’t kill, the bullets do, at whatever impact velocities. Keeps him writing though to discuss cartridges, look at us fools bickering about them all lol. He must laugh, I think it’s both smart and hilarious.
I can tell you first hand that he doesn’t look at sd as closely as you do and he definitely doesn’t hunt anywhere near the min impact velocity

Lol but what does boddington know? Last time I talked to him he was at 96 or 97 Cape buffalo. He’s only wrote a couple handful of books. He write is in quite a few magazines. Won the Weatherby award.
I tried my hardest to trade him for his 6.5x300 wby Accumark. I think it was number 3 or 5 made. I forget. Any ways he just chuckled and said I need to buy a couple more pitchers of beer first. Great guy. Was lucky enough to pick his brain for 2 weeks. Learned a lot.

For non dangerous game he told me to pick the bullet based on the animal being hunted and the muzzle velocity. Higher velocity, stronger bullet. Bigger game stronger bullet. Obviously it has to be accurate. So I’ll save the smart remarks.
Never once once did he mention sd of a bullet. Probably because he knew that I knew that every 180gr 308 cal bullet has the same sd. Which makes it irrelevant.

It’s funny. A guy like that with such a wealth of knowledge and experience. He never ever acted or implied that he knew it all. Which is more than I can say about a couple guys on here.