Thread: Worst trip ever
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellknik View Post
Was this east of the red rock ? I have heard a similar story

2 more times over the last 4 days . That a plowed road could

drift in that bad in a few hours is scary ...

Those Hutterites are great people , saved me a couple of times .

Your right when alone leaving the vehicle bad idea ...

What did we do before cel phones ? I remember ....prayed ...lol

Glad it all came out ok ....

Yup, that’s where. Ironically I’m sure the fact it was plowed, and there’s no ditches, caused it to drift so bad.
I made it from the last lease to the lake and back again on my quad, right through the fields. Drifts there were 3 feet at most.
Snow was up to the bottom of the windows on the loader at a couple spots.
I had to pay him, since the ‘boss man’ insisted. He said there was a guy who went through the ice on top of a beaver damn/lodge and they pulled him out. And a few others who’ve been stuck. I paid him gladly. Any alternative aside from waiting for the county to plow it would have cost me a fortune.
I’ve wondered how many lives cell phones have saved. It wasn’t cold enough, and I was prepared enough I wasn’t in any danger. Yet I’m sure the number of people who owe their lives to a cell phone, is countless. The flip side is how many people have been killed by being distracted by a phone?
I’m kinda kicking myself a bit, because I actually had the perfect excuse to stay out there and fish for a few days, lol. I could have just turned my phone off and waited for the helicopter on day 3, lmao.