View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 PM

I'm another Mac convert, though I did it years ago. I won't buy another PC, but the mice thing about the current crop running on Intel is that I can run Winblows without an emulation layer.

I know: why buy a Mac to run Windows? My accountant has me on a bookkeeping app that is way better on Win, so I bit the bullet, took the tax write-off and boot into Win once in a while.

...and buy *way* more games than I shold ever be allowed to buy.

But back to the original question, gateway's name seems okay, though I've heard that if you have a problem, you'll end up wanting to throttle someone.

If you're not buying a laptop, then Dell's still a pretty safe bet. They ain't what they used to be, but they're far from the worst out there.

Have you looked at Lenovo? Some people have a weird issue with he Chinese, but they were building IBM's PCs and laptops for years before they bought the division, so there was no quality change when the company took over the operation.

Probably the only English-speaking, French-Canadian lefty greeniac in Montréal with a 2008 Winchester M70 in .270. Probably.