View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM

Hey bud, I'm not preaching, I have an opinion just like you or anyone else.

City workers see first hand the abuse of tax payers money and I don't agree with it.
You know what would help the economy work a little better? 'Governments' cutting back on waste, money used to bail out their corporate buddies and high end salaries starting at the top of the chain.

Radar cameras, red light cameras, etc, are nothing but a cash cows, a very easy method for cops to make their monthly quotas. Did you ever note when you see the majority of them set up? Would months end be a reasonable answer???

Quote:
If everyone quit speeding then there would be no need for monitoring and enforcement and then all those lazy sob's would be out of a job. How about you preach that one Tuc.
You must be a cop or closely related to one.

If everyone quit speeding our roads would be a safer place for all, (wishfull thinking, eh!) and all the lazy SOB (as you so mildly put it) could stop sitting behind a camera, reading the paper and filling their faces with Timmies coffee and donuts. Maybe they could get out there and help solve a gang related murder or two, God only knows we have enough of them here in Calgary.

Now let me ask you a question. Don't you think that would be tax dollars better spent (solving crime) then Mayor Bronco showing up on the CFCN evening news, with his poor mouth on, (as usual) telling the public we need more money to put cops on our streets to fight gang crime. At any given time he probably has a tenth of his force sitting out there behind a radar camera.

Taxes and utilities of course, will always go up 3 and 4% a year, (sometimes higher) no matter what amount of funding he receives from the province, feds or whoever. City hall will take their 6 and 7% increases, except for the Mayor, he'll take a 13% hike or better. OH, wait now, I wouldn't want you to run away thinking outside workers are over payed too. To set the record straight, over a 3 year contract we get 3%, 3% and 3.5 %, the poor grunts hardly keep up with inflation and the ever increasing cost of living.
I guess sh*t runs down hill eh, the average joe helps make the rich a little richer and the poor and little poorer.

Come on, lets get our priorieties straight, spending more money on radar and red light cameras (in my opinion) is not the way to go. We have too many of them in our city now.

BTW, don't come back here and say to me, look at the money they generate, that will only prove what I've been saying all along.....nothing but a cash cow.