View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 08:41 PM

I know a lot of people share TUC's view but for what it's worth I agree with Vindl's views.

It's true that gang related activity is a very serious problem in our city, but the chances of me dying in an automobile accident due to a reckless motorist are far greater than getting hurt by a gang member.

Every single day I see people driving extremely recklessley on Deerfoot Trail and I see people blowing red lights (not orange) downtown on 4th ave.

Speeding and red light tickets are a deterrent and I don't see them as a cash cow but a step in the right direction to saving lives.

The fact is people don't take driving seriously. Instead of getting in their vehicle and focussing on the safest possible way to get where they're going they are either on their cell phones or are busy thinking about something else.

I can't believe the absolute disrespect for human life on our streets. If I were to stand on my driveway with a loaded rifle and point it at every car that drove by I would probably get arrested in about 5 minutes, yet I can get in my car and drive 130 km/hr down Deerfoot and nobody see's that as a danger. Makes me wonder.

Thanks for reading my post and drive safely (for real, not pretend. The speed limit on Deerfoot is 100). OUR families lives depend on it.