View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Well AO you may not be rid of me yet...

6 days ago my diagnosis was terminal stage 4 cancer with no possible treatment. Sigh!

Yesterday I had a bone marrow biopsy (ouch!) And the diagnosis is definite. I do have multiple myeloma but the good news is I started treatment yesterday and I am being transferred to the Cross Cancer Institute today for more acute care. I was told I may be able to go home in a couple weeks with continued treatment out of the Hinton Hospital as day treatment. I am still healthy otherwise and my organs are cancer free. I look like I typically do, too bad lol. So my strength and health will carry me through this. I remain positive and hold on to no anger or remorse. I am taking this daily and very hopeful for a near normal life. There is no doubt in my mind that the support and faith of family and friends has got me to where I am today! Thanks AO for being part of that! I still believe my words in my 1st post hold true!

Thank you to everyone on AO for posting your kind words of encouragement especially to those who are in a battle like me. My heart goes out to each and everyone of you and if you need support or want to share experiences please reach out to me. It would be good for both of us! The AO support group is strong!

I am starting to blah blah blah, I just had to share this bit of good news. Never give in and keep the faith!

Sincerely
Carl
When you first posted this thread, I just had no words, I've had to deal with about the same, while not me family members.

I'm so glad to hear this news, and you never blah blah blah bud, we are all part of this big group, and seem we all have each other's backs.

Once again, great news, and keep us posted... you got this!!