View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellpastcold View Post
Barton's in Grande Prairie was awesome when Jack owned it. I have not been in the store in many years so I can't comment on the present owners. Pud at Bashaw Sports is excellent. Eagle Firearms in Tisdale is my go to now. Eagle is so laid back and helpful they remind me of the gun shops I used to frequent with my Uncle 35 years ago.
I was working in GP for a few weeks in December and as usual,always like to check out the local gun stores.Had a great visit in Barton's,staff and service was great,(and I dealt with at least 3-4 different staffers on various topics)...handled a few rifles I was interested in,bought some ammo and a hard to find spare mag,great chat with young lady staffer on coyote hunting and their annual contest(unfortunately was unable to participate as my work had moved on)....spent well over an hour in there/great experience,I'll definitely be back next time I'm in GP.

Another shout for Proline CGY,love the small shop atmosphere and bargain hunting in the reloading section,partial boxes of bullets,used dies etc.
I live in SW CGY so I frequent both CSC and TSE,and find the service at both can range anywhere from outstanding to nonexistent,depending upon who's working that day,or maybe to some extent how I'm dressed that day?Just because I look like a raggedass bum some days,it's a mistake to dismiss me,as I likely have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket if I'm in the gun store.I might look all NC Star/Norinco,but my tastes and budget are more NF/Vortex/Sako.