View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTMAG View Post
The first gunshop I ever visited in Alberta was Barotto Sports !...I was in awe !!
All we had here at home back then was Canadian Tire...all they had was..1/2 doz of remi-semis, couple pumps, couple of 303's and 25 beat up things that were traded in...lol

I had my truck in CowTown for service at Kenworth, asked the manager if there was any gunshops close by ?...he told me about them, gave me his personal vehicle and said see you after lunch !!

Met some amazing people that day...spent wayyyy too much money there and then....left there with another bunch of money owing on layaways
Remained friends for years with the KW manager...met Brad before he ever owned WSS.
I met some older chap outside the counter at Barottos.
I mentioned to Otto that I was interested in getting started in Rifle reloading. This older gent took me almost by the arm...he led me around..spent an hour and a half with me going over stuff, equipment, what extras I needed...what was good, what wasn't, explaining a bit of pressure signs, powder, bullets..He was awesome !!
...back then, he almost puts me in mind of pics I've seen of CAT now.......what a great gentleman he was !!

Those small shops were always in my radar after that. Didn't matter where or what province...I was always asking where they were !.
I sure miss those days, and chance happenstances !!
Next time you're in town you should visit Proline Shooters in Inglewood on 9th Avenue. It will bring back those old memories that you are fond of. I just don't recommend going there with your Kenworth, parking could be a problem.