View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Where is the value for the money. How does one justify charging well over $1,000 for a camera that cost maybe $90 dollars to build and that everyone knows will be outdated in less then one year?

That is what I'd like to know.
You're making it sound like this camera being outdated is a reflection of the entire industry making throw away components. The bottom line is the Rebel Xsi is over a decade old, and was an entry level camera to begin with. Digital cameras have advanced a lot over that time. Not fast enough to render last year's technology obsolete, the year to year changes are minimal. Still very capable of taking great pictures if a person knows how to use it.

After 5 years of owning a 7D I upgraded to the 7D II. They released 5 years apart and the biggest differences were a faster burst rate, better auto focus tracking and the ability to use the WiFi card to connect to my phone. All 3 features were a desirable upgrade for the photography I do. The 7D is still a great camera, and while it was replaced in my camera bag I hardly consider it being obsolete.