View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 08:21 AM

Yep, mine and my wife's iphone 8 pluses do NOT take anywhere near as good of pictures as XSI(daughters now), T3i/70D(son's now) and my 7Dmkii's(2) and 6D if you plan on looking for details in the pictures. The phones are up there in mega pixels, but are not looking through glass that is anywhere near the quality. Fine for point and shoot and facebook posting etc., but put them on the wall and it's night and day difference. It only matters if you like and notice the quality differences. As i type this I'm watching my Africa pictures scroll by continuously on my 48" monitor in my office and I can count the eyelashes on the leopards face and the veins in it's eye. You won't see those in my wive's pictures from the same vehicle. Like's been said, the current phones are fine for 95% of people. I take great pride in getting the details of the shot. I've got a lion shot with it's mouth open and I can see the flies wing details that are flying into it's mouth.
That XSI is a great starting point for someone who has an interest in better photography, then it becomes an expensive hobby especially once you start aiming for better glass!