View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
This is a great write up, thanks for that, do you have any knowledge of the nikon p1000 that you could share?, and what is your expert opinion on the camera?

I have seen some amazing video taken with these things and i am tempted to pick one up...

Thanks in advance, the knowledge is truly appreciated.
Bloody great camera.
When the P900 first came out a few years back no one could believe Nikon's claims that they had a camera with an (effective) 1000mm lens that had such great image stabilization that you could hand hold it.
Thing is it worked...perfectly. I've sold a ton of them to Alberta area police agencies for surveillance duties and they are extremely happy with them.
The P1000 came out and upped the ante. Effective 3000mm and handholdable. I had one of the reps first demo models and to try it out I zoomed to 3000mm, pointed it at a pair of Nikon bino's across the store (20m) and took a frame filling photo of the Nikon name (maybe 1/4 x 3x4 of an inch) hand held.
It was tack sharp.
It's big. And with the small sensor (it is not full frame) it won't be the absolute best in low light...but if you want one camera...one lens...and you want to do everything from family shots in your living room to pulling in your kid making a touchdown at the far end of the field...this thing can't be beat.
Now...as a site sponsor (McBain Camera) I have no issues saying...give me call...(main branch 780-420-0404) my prices won't be beat for AO members.