View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Fur friendly and .243, don't really go together all that well.
You could try using a tough constructed bullet like a Barnes bullet, and perhaps the coyote wouldn't possess enough resistance to have the bullet expand too much, thus limiting the size of an exit wound. All this is subject to a big BUT! Hit bone or get a quartering shot and expect carnage.

Compromises leave you compromised sooner or later.

Feed the economy.
So what you’re saying is should buy two guns. If only I kept all the guns I once had I wouldn’t have this question. Over the last couple years I’ve thinned out my collection (which wasn’t all that big to begin with). I started leaning more towards archery but this year I have gotten the gun bug back and starting all over. Mainly because I want to start involving the family more into it. Unfortunately finances dictate what I can have. So I started questioning if I can get by with a one gun does it all mentality i.e a dual purpose 243. Something the wife and kids can hunt deer with when and if they decide they want to, and something I can use for coyotes, which is also a new hunt for me as I’ve never hunted coyotes.