View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
So what you’re saying is should buy two guns. If only I kept all the guns I once had I wouldn’t have this question. Over the last couple years I’ve thinned out my collection (which wasn’t all that big to begin with). I started leaning more towards archery but this year I have gotten the gun bug back and starting all over. Mainly because I want to start involving the family more into it. Unfortunately finances dictate what I can have. So I started questioning if I can get by with a one gun does it all mentality i.e a dual purpose 243. Something the wife and kids can hunt deer with when and if they decide they want to, and something I can use for coyotes, which is also a new hunt for me as I’ve never hunted coyotes.
This is basically the same thing I want to do. I have been using a Tikka 25.06 for deer, it's an amazing gun but I have been thinking about a change mostly for fun. I have been thinking about a that would double as a coyote gun/wife's deer gun and getting a .280ai for myself for a deer and larger gun, hoping I could cover all my bases with a couple solid setups. I was thinking a Finnlite for the .243