View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
The rules as set forth are not confusing as all....just try not to read into them so much.

125 Hunters, 2 tags each, no partners....put in with 2 per application max. Will not affect other draws or priorities. Fill your tags and your freezers. Follow the rules set out by the base....simple.

Before you put in for the draw consider the location and if you will actually attend....if not don't apply.

LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by stc77 View Post
Maybe i am missing something here. But what if you had drawn an elk tag already this year. Would i still be able to draw for this quota hunt? And from what i understand, if i draw for the quota hunt, i would still be able to draw an elk tag for fall 2015 hunt. Im not saying i have/will, just throwing the situation out there.
The management/cull hunt is distinct & separate from any other draws, and will not affect a persons priority in any way, shape or form. It doesn't matter if you shot an elk already in 2014, you are free to apply. Doesn't matter if you are applying for a tag somewhere else in 2015, you can still apply. In terms of the affect on your priority status and you ability to hunt elk in the Fall of 2015 in Alberta, pulling a lottery tag for the base in February would affect your priority the same as hunting elk in another province or country.

Like Lefty said, it is actually quite straightforward and some folk are reading way too much into it.