Thread: Cold Lake
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugh View Post
JR, I don't think color mattered just depth and speed. That being said, 5 of diamonds, blue and silver wobblers, white and red, ruby eye, Canadian Wigglers worked too. Water was too rough for the kicker at times so used the big motor and caught some at over 3 mph. I didn't get anything over 72cm though, my wife and I do mostly catch and release anyway. Going back tomorrow to try our hand at jigging a bit but we mostly troll.
Good luck.
Doug
I have never found the color of lures to matter much either. Like you said depth and speed and I think the shape of lure (spoons/cranks) are all key before color. When one spoon/crank is always catching the most fish people assume it is the color when usually it is the vibration that it puts out as they usually "feel" (lateral line)the lure, often before they see the lure.

I have noticed a definite difference with color while fly fishing trout. Size, speed and depth is still important but color seems to be pretty important as well especially with chironomids and scuds. May also be because they are fished very slow to stationary which limits vibration and gives the trout a good look at the presentation.