View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 11:57 AM

Default Wild Pig ???

This is what i dont understand about this situation is why people are being D###S about the situation. i can understand not wanting every guy and his brother in law out hunting in your honey hole BUT here is a couple of facts. pigs are like coyotes. They can live anywhere and are fairly tough. Also pigs can have 3-10 piglets per litter average being 5-6. they can do this 3-4 times a year. And finally a female piglet can have her own set of piglets within the first year. so lets say there was a lower number that got out (500) as a round number. only half are female. 250 with an average of five per litter equals 1250. do this 3 times a year. 3750 per year. Obviously this is a estimated number and on the best case scenario but you get the point. they are terminators when it comes to crops and wildlife and the problem needs to be controlled soon or eventually the problem will spread and the provice will have to step in and then its people working for province getting rid of them where ever they are weather you like it or not. A friend of mine has been to texas to visit his mother in law a few times and has seen the devistation they cause. if we can sort this out now by letting a few more hunters into the know then we can hopefully slow the situation.