View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt hntr View Post
before you continue on insulting all farmers and ranchers maybe you should think about who owns most of the land that you probably go begging and sucking up for hunting permission on every fall, why dont you try taking that attitude and those comments to the door of a farmer and see how welcome you are on his land.
I have no intention of insulting any hard working honest farmer. My grandfather farmed, all of my uncles farmed, my dad farmed, I grew up on the farm....BUT I did not have the *****h07e attitude this so called Wolfkiller does. Growing up on the farm, we hunted as well, but would never deny anyone who asked, the right to hunt on our land. We did not think that the wild animals belonged to us - they belonged to everyone.

All the hunters that asked permission appreciated it and showed respect by closing gates, avoiding the livestock. Lots would drop back after the hunt and show their success-even have a beer with us - some would leave us a few ducks/geese if we were had use for them, (one even returned with a 5 gallon bucket of fresh perch in winter time). Others would show us the deer or coyotes they had harvested and talk about the hunt, etc.

My parents appreciated how respectful and grateful most hunters were. As a kid, I enjoyed their hunting stories. When I got older I even went hunting with some of the experienced regular hunters. Bad experiences -not with hunters. With the local yahoos (they sound incredibly similar to wolfkiller) that we knew the families of and were farmers themselves - absolutely - lots of issues - thought that it was free rein just because they grew up in the same area. Caught one that had cut the fence with fencing pliers so that he could take a short cut across our field. Had to box him in with the truck before he would stop (at least this time HE repaired the fence). What hunter or city kid carries fencing pliers?

So in summary, I have a lot of respect for farmers but the yahoos like wolfkiller make trouble, cause discension and by try to say he is a farmer, again I say "Is an Embarassment". Funny thing is he claims to be a farmer, then he claims to be a sponsored hunter in the record books - maybe professional $h1t disturber.

And as for the record books- SCI - Alberta records-only one non-guided wolf kill in the top 5 and one other in the top 15 - no repeat hunters. SCI-North America - only one non-guided wolf kill in the top 5 and no repeat hunters in the top 15.

Last edited by MikeSpike; 07-19-2009 at 11:44 AM.