View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardogs View Post
Yeah problem is when you phone and ask where the problems are they might tell you where there's been sitings, what part of alberta but they wont tell you anymore than that because they say its invading farmers privacy. 8 hour drive there and 8 hour back or not I'll go out and get some. Freezers pretty much low on boar meat. And yeah you definitely need land owners permission and written consent and this person you speak of in Mayerthorpe I know his fencing is good its some jag offs who thought it would be cool to cut down his fence. I havent been hearing about much around mayerthorpe anymore i used to go out there, they seemed to have cleared up. Well the dogs are itching to go hunting so i want to get out some where here real soon.
If its a county program where they have paid the bounty it should be public knowlege - besides the reason for the bounty is to help the farmers with a problem - if the farmers don't want the issue dealt with then there is no reason for the bounty.

It the county offices that will give you lots of information. If they start getting all privacy on you, then threaten to FOIP them - "Freedom of Information and Privacy" and threaten to talk to a councillor as to why have a bounty if you don't want anyone being capable of collecting. The FOIP threat usually will get you a lot of information right away as the work related to a FOIP is nightmarish.

As to providing usefully information, usually just some clerk (who might be anti-hunting) not wanting to do any work-bypass the first people you talk to and get a manager with brains.