View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 05:39 PM

Default Mounting Minn Kota Terrova

Thank You to all for their advice & suggestions . I bought a piece of aluminum plate 3/8 " thick x 8 1/2" W x 24 " L . Also a piece a 1/4 " thick & same W X L but opted for the thicker one . I used the bottom base of the quick release bracket as a template for marking the holes on the piece of aluminum plate . Drilled all holes as needed. Measured the length I needed & trimmed to fit & mounted this to the existing motor mounting platform with the quick release bracket attached to it . Thinking outside the box I needed some support for the bit of overhang at front near gunwale . I knew just what I needed. First 4 holes in front of bottom base, I used the last three holes near front of quick release base to form a triangle with (motor blower adjusting legs ) bolted through bottom . They have thick rubber ends on the end , used 1 3/4 " bolts for this . Tighten bolts in place & just adjust the rubber feet/ends as required if needed to touch the bow. Two of these are at the front of the existing mounting platform through bottom of base & the other is at the front left side . This gives extra support for the bit of overhang . All bolted in & solid . All this in turn gave me 1 3/4 " clearance for motor shaft while deployed from gunwale . Now wire my power plug end on ,attach the propeller, mirror in my hand held control & the heading sensor with motor. Then complete final step with sensor at the lake if this rain ever stops .