View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 10:09 AM

Well yesterday morning things couldn't have worked out any better. I got up and it was a little windy but decided I was gonna head in to my spot anyway. As I was walking up the field i could see a cow and calf feeding so I knew there had to be a bull around. So I went to my spot got set up and I tried one of those moose smoke sticks to try and cover some of my scent as the winds were a bit swirly. Not sure if it helped but I waiting 20 mins and let out a cow call. No more than 5 mins later I hear crashing through the bush and this guy was coming straight at me. I wasn't going to take him at first as there is a few more moose in the area. He was grunting and snorting the whole way in. He got to within 8 yards and he turned broadside so I figured what the heck can't eat horns and I wasn't going to get a chance like this I didn't figure. I drew back as I was kinda behind an old dead tree. He caught me but still didn't move he was so close I could smell his breath. I settled in let my arrow fly and perfect hit. Double lung and he ran about 40 yards did a 360 and went down. Couldn't be happier with my first moose and to get it done with the bow was awesome. Awesome experience already can't wait till next season, happy thanksgiving everyone my family will be eating good for the season.