View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:45 AM

There are propane fueled sunflower heaters that put out quite a lot of heat.
Depending on how much room is in the tent and how cold it is, I would consider buying 2 if this is something you will do multiple times. Having one at either end of the six-man would do nicely and you can always turn them down or off. If you only have one heater and it's not enough to keep the place warm, it's not going to be much fun in a cold tent at 03:00 am.

There are extension hoses so that you can run the large 20 and 30 pound propane cylinders and keep the tanks outside the tent. The number one rule when using these heaters is to keep the place well ventilated. When setting up the tent, don't try to make the tent too air-tight and keep the windows open and the door open a little; just use common sense and things will be fine. When overnighting it on the ice, think about how much propane you're going to need; and then bring double that amount.

When I had my tent, I used those thick, perforated rubber mats like what would be on the floor behind a bar or in a restaurant kitchen. They were about 2'x2' and cost around $25 if I recall. Having those mats made a huge difference with both keeping feet warm as well as preventing slips on the ice. They are not cheap but the are well worth the money.