View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Malloy said she and the neighbour have had several run-ins over the last four years and now both have restraining orders against each other.
Seems to me there's more to this story than just one neighbour being an arse and excessively idling his truck. I assume he does it out of passive-aggressive spite due to past issues rather than anything else.

However, idling for more than 10 minutes is completely excessive. I own a diesel, and I'll let it sit in elevated idle for a few minutes to get the fluids moving and initially warmed up a bit, but after that easy driving is going to make it warm up a lot faster, and supposedly causes less wear on the engine.

Want to jump into a warm cab? Store it in a heated garage, or install a Webasto, or buy a gas truck. It's morons spending 45 minutes every morning running their trucks that gives diesel owners a bad name, and is going to lead to the government cracking down (in the form of bylaw fines as seen here, or province wide "health" related idling restrictions). As usual, it's a small minority ruining it for the rest of us.