Thread: Shrimp
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I have ice fished all over AB and into sask. Never seen more then the occasional shrimp. The other day, I have never seen shrimp like that before, and it was in a small shallow lake that I would call prone to winter kill.

So my experiences tell me that it is a sign of winterkill. It seems the shrimp have no predators and have been multiplying freely.

Interesting to hear your guys thoughts...
I know you dont want to give the lake away,but if you did mention the name of the lake i'm sure someone on here could tell you if it got winter killed bad.that or drop a fish camera into the water,and if there are no fish then theres a good bet its a dead lake.

I've fished alot of lakes for various species of fish that have had thousands of shrimp come out the hole and there was always ok fishing there.I've noticed that the shrimp change the color of the fishes flesh.

on another note I always believed that catching fish in polluted shrimp filled lakes is tough because the fish have full bellies from the shrimp,so they dont bite as often!...... thats just my hypothesis,not sure if its true?