Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:22 PM

I want to repeat , im not on a agenda to hang anyone or anything.
I went to a meeting in clarsholm that i was told by SRD on how the process worked.
I understood that SRD was advising or telling us what changes were being made. Any thing we discussed would not...could not.....change the sheet of info we were handed, except for minor details. Dates and boundaries dont qaulify as minor to me.

This once again is what was on the sheet

Existing Regulation: Open May 8 to Mar 15
Proposed Regulation: Open May 23 to Mar 15
Explaination/rationale: Walleye spawn at the mouth and lower reaches of the Little Bow River upstream of Travers Resovoir, and stage at the west end of Travers. In cooler springs, walleye spawing doesnt commence until early May and extends past May 8. This includes the Little Bow River up to the Carmangay Weir. This closure is to protect spring spawning fish

I in fact after reading this many times and sending it to certain people who are versed and educated better than me...say its a lake closure. The heading is Travers Res....and the sentence of 'This includes....' declares that.

Either way im bothered by all the claims on what is going to happen and then read posts that negate the details.

Im very sure the people who can answer all my questions are watching....i dont expect them join in on a forum discussion.....but i would like another meeting asap, the people deserve a explaination. If im assumming wrong and get a reason why all this has happened...i will stand at the meeting and apologize. I ask that all this becomes transparent, is that too much to ask?