View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:26 PM

In the simplist terms here it is. Crossbows equal no more General Moose or Mule Deer season for Archery. Period..... end of story. Most of the grief is from lost opportunity. If you want to bring em in have at er'. I really don't care anymore. Guys can chase whitetails with them and put in for their 'archery mule deer and moose tags'. Want to be a two season hunter. Great!

Government of AB will gain more draw and license revenue....actually scratch that. Their 3rd party license partner will make more bucks. Regular Bowhunters lose opportunity..Rifle hunters will have a longer wait for a number of draws cause the pool just got a lot shallower. Crossbow hunters....well you will likely get to hunt whitetails. Elk season will now be a complete gong show from August 25th instead of just September 15th.

Wow what a great opportunity. Having said that bring er on. I'm the first to admit we need to be inclusive instead of exclusive. I just think some of you guys aren't being realistic about what you are really going to gain.