View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitw View Post

They were not trying to sell this to you but someone else.

They were trying to sell to me, I paid the paltry sum to walk in the door, just like everyone else. I was exactly the person they had in mind.

If you think that way and then post it here you seem to want to make the gun shows go the way of the Dodo bird. For $5 you get to look at a lot of interesting stuff and talk with knowledgeable people and if that's to tough a price to pay then I guess Cabella's or Bass Pro is your best option cause we all know they never charge to much for anything.

Did you have a rough weekend? Just looking for a fight? Did you have a booth there? I said there was nothing interesting to me there, other than Clay's, CX and BRS, the rest of the stuff I found was for the most part wildly overpriced archaic crap from guys that are not actual dealers, by that I mean do not own a store. I have been to gun shows, and the very odd time I have found a deal.

$1800 for a used black 44 desert eagle? LOL!

$600 for a 3-9x40 B&L?

$299 for a Scopechief 3-9x32?

Most of what I looked at was scopes, and I never noticed ANYONE walking out with a used one.

I am not saying that anything I have is necessarily better or worth more, but that I left my archaic crap at home.

I enjoyed talking to Clay and Glen, meeting Bob and Bushmaster, seeing a couple more guys there that I know.

Agree with me or disagree, I don't care. Just my opinion of the show.

I would bet real money that a poll would give results something like 75% of people think most gunshows in the last few years are highly overpriced crap, if they were honest and not trying to kiss anyones butt.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....