View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Did you have a rough weekend? Just looking for a fight? Did you have a booth there? I said there was nothing interesting to me there, other than Clay's, CX and BRS, the rest of the stuff I found was for the most part wildly overpriced archaic crap from guys that are not actual dealers, by that I mean do not own a store. I have been to gun shows, and the very odd time I have found a deal.

$1800 for a used black 44 desert eagle? LOL!

$600 for a 3-9x40 B&L?

$299 for a Scopechief 3-9x32?

Most of what I looked at was scopes, and I never noticed ANYONE walking out with a used one.

I am not saying that anything I have is necessarily better or worth more, but that I left my archaic crap at home.

I enjoyed talking to Clay and Glen, meeting Bob and Bushmaster, seeing a couple more guys there that I know.

Agree with me or disagree, I don't care. Just my opinion of the show.

I would bet real money that a poll would give results something like 75% of people think most gunshows in the last few years are highly overpriced crap, if they were honest and not trying to kiss anyones butt.
I had a great weekend and thanks for asking.
Yes there are probably better deals on some of the stuff at gun shows somewhere else and I never realized you had to own a store to be a dealer[I'm much smarter now].
Many people don't have the where with all to travel looking for better deals and gun shows fill a niche at the local level for them. Running them down so people don't wish to attend can do nothing but harm them so I disagree with that part of your comments.
Because you didn't get a good deal on some toy for yourself doesn't mean that others didn't.
Talking with Joe Kokas/ Stan Taylor, George, Al, Doug/Becky, Doug, Phil, Will and everyone else that was good enough to display their wares made it a great show for me and I hope to see it continue. The Provost fish and game club did their community a great service by putting this show on and their use of the local 4H club to work the door says they care about the area.
If you disagree with me about any of this then I guess it's your turn.