View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Banned

Wholly smokes!!!

I am literally laughing out loud at some of the comments on this thread myself.

Clueless and the need for tinfoil hats come to mind.

Seriously, some folks have absolutely no clue how the world turns, let alone how outfitting in Alberta works.

Count me in on being upset that I can't buy an archery moose tag, yet the government is selling moose hunts to Americans. ITS THE GOVERNMENT WHO IS IN CHARGE OF OUR FISH AND WILDLIFE, along with all our other resources.

What are the animals everyone is worried about? Sheep? Pronghorn? Mule deer? Moose? Elk? Whitetail? Bear? How many of these animals are actually harvested per year? Can one of the people who are all bent out of shape post the actual numbers of how many of these animals are actually harvested every year so we can see why you feel so threatened?

The total number of animal that were harvested by non-resident aliens in Alberta during the 2012 season is around 1800, and I would guess, and this is only a guess, that 75-80% of those animals were whitetail and bear. A little over 6000 allocations available in Alberta, about a 25-30% success rate (obviously not hunting with me!), that is about 4% of the total harvest per year in Alberta. This means 94% of the animals harvested are from Albertans, the other 2% would be non-resident Canadians.

Seriously, 1800 animals for a $40,000,000/year ($22,220 per animal) industry? Granted it's only an estimate on the revenue generated from outfitted hunts, but I bet it's damn accurate!

Remember, just because a hunt is sold, doesn't mean they kill an animal. Any trophy hunter knows that if you're after a trophy the success rate goes down.