View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 12:51 PM
boo

Default Re: yup

I gun hunted for years, now almost exclusively bow-hunt(compound), luvin it!, maybe in future trad bow. Crossbow-not likely, maybe for turkeys. But if it helped any newcomers enter the sport of hunting, excellent. And if it helped any gun-hunters take on the challenge of honing their skills to closer stalking, more patience, scent control, ect, great! Its great to see some here willing to give up part of their season for a separate crossbow season, but from what Ive seen on other sites and elsewhere, this would not get enough support. The most negative experience Ive had while bowhunting is guns going off in the vicinity(shotguns, general seasons, ect), putting game on high alert and sometimes rattling my nerves. I probably wouldn't notice a nearby crossbow hunter and certainly wouldn't mind them being there. As to how this would affect my hunting opportunities, I believe I had opportunity to harvest a total of 7 whitetails this year alone. If that number decrreased by a few I'd be OK with that.