View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I sincerely don't mean my comments to sound rude to other contributors on a personal level ..... so apologies if this comes off as rude ... it not my intent .........

I am really surprised so many people think we have it so bad here, that we should leave confederation and join the US.

I don't like the Carbon Tax, nor do I like Trudeau, but these are, quite frankly, minor issues compared to having you go broke if you get sick as a US citizen.

What happens when your insurance coverage reaches it's lifetime max, if you even have any coverage to begin with, runs out and you have to re-mortgage your home and leverage all the assets you have worked for all your life BEFORE you get free health care for many types of critical care illness treatments.

Do most people even understand how this actually works in the US? Do they understand that you are not afforded governmental coverage if you have money in the bank or equity in your home or other assets you have to sell off before you are subsidized for many types of critical care?

This one issue alone should deter all of us from even thinking that's a good idea let alone other issues/detractors living as a part of the US would bring to us.

Hey the dollar is stronger .......... cool ......... do you think the minute you join the US, the new government will trade you one golden US dollar for every Canadian dollar in your piggy bank? ....... and now you are rich with buying power?

Ah yeah real estate .......... yup, overnight do you think your home and assets grow in value by 30%? .......... really?

I find so many people caught up in the "romantic notion" of "independence or joining the US" and I have yet to hear one single reasonable argument, that isn't based on superficial ignorance.

I have lived, been to school, worked, raised 2 kids here and in the US - I can assure you, from first hand experience, it's not the land of milk and honey, nor are those streets paved with gold either.

Canada is still the greatest country in the world.

Its our country, Its our home and we should all be proud of it.

If the US is so awesome, and so much better, you are welcome to move .......... nobody is stopping you ......... why are you still here?
Well said!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.