View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 12:46 PM

There is definitely some real fearful assumptions but there has been no negotiation or set of terms put into place when it comes to joining the US or even separation from Canada. Without this all assumptions positive or negative are nothing but speculation

It is completely possible that the US would see value in what Alberta could provide to the US and negotiate a deal that would be beneficial to both parties. It is also possible the US would have little interest and would only be will to come to agreement that would exploit Alberta. Reality is without talks no one has a clue what is possible.

As for speculation about medical, taxation, and other claims regarding the US. 3 years ago a friend moved to LA and she raves about how much lower her cost of living is. She is actually impressed with the medical system and would rather pay the insurance fees vs be taxed for Canada’s ”free medical”. According to her Canadians are paying more through taxation to receive poor quality medical services in comparison to the US system. Personally I have been surprised on her experience especially hearing living cost in LA of all places being cheaper. At the minimum it makes me question the myths about the US we hear in Canada

I am not saying joining the US is a good idea but it also may not be as bad as some assume either. People who are both in support or against the idea are definitely letting their imagination run wild

Way too much unknown to be for or against joining the US but I would consider it if the agreement was good