View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 08:25 PM

Are you clearing pasture that has regrown or stuff that has been logged off? Are you trying to grow grass or canola?

Darcy with Black Timber will be as reasonable as anyone with a mulcher, but I would look at other options ( I cleared a couple thousand acres between Valleyview and Debolt so know a little about it.

If it's regrowth and you're going to pasture it, I would aerial spray it. Regrowth and trying to crop, the heaviest disk you can find and a Dika root rake.

If it's been logged, I'd still spray for pasture if intending to crop I'd hire a D9 with a V cutter and a piler and then hit it with a Dika plow, few trips with a breaking disc and then a Dika root rake. If the stumps aren't too rotten, they might tip out when you're piling and you could skip the plow.

A cold winter with no snow will save you a ton of time and you'll end up with tight piles that will burn up cleaner. An extra year of $25 canola will buy a lot of diesel though.

Dick Hollingsworth used to have a Cat with a mulcher on it. You could see if he also has a skid steer.

How is it for rocks?

Gerry Burnie