View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 04:15 PM

Unfortunately, bullying, misleading, unethical and dirty tactics like these don't surprise me in least bit.

Our business runs both unionized and non union shops and I can clearly see the difference in both when it come to dealing with my union yard/facilities and with my non-union yard/facilities. We have 2000+ employees in Alberta alone.

My role is one where I have overall management responsibility for operations across a much larger region (Canada). I am pretty hands on with the Management team and pride myself on listening and collaborating with the management team on each site.

I am the same guy working for the same company with the same management style YET the amount of trickery, deceit and attempts of the "memberships representative" to constantly and needlessly stir the pot and cause unnecessary BS, sabre rattling and fist pounding is just ridiculous.

I know I treat all sites the same - I send the same emails and communications to both the managers/superintendents of the unionized and non-unionized sites YET problems only seem to come from one direction.

It seems to be that unions are a great business - and unless the members think they are adding some value by "defending" them and "standing up for the little guy against management aggression" they present very little value otherwise.

I hope people (and workers) figure out when and where a union is needed (there are some cases where the value is real and there is a mutual benefit) and figure out those places where it's just a BIG SCAM.

Like the story. Ironic isn't it.