View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 01:34 PM

Vexilar -loud clunky, over priced for the features you get,no zoom only single beam transducer ....but the least likely to break or have problems. Built to last decades and if you do have problems there is one or two guys in the Vexilar shop that have been working there for years that will fix your unit and it won't cost much to repair either. Can get 3 beam transducer as all Vexilar transducers , cases etc are interchangeable. Very high quality transducers unit relies on sensitiveity not high power out put so battery's last days between charges.

Humminbird - most features for the money, zoom and duel beam transducer big screen. Quite likely to break or have problems and if it does you might as well throw it out. It's dealing with big company bs to get it fixed and it will cost an arm and a leg.

Marcum -middle of the road feaures to money. Zoom and a single wide beam transducer. uses a different style transducer support (no float) and unit is square so it doesn't slide into a bucket the same as the others but nicer to move from hole to hole. Quite likely to break but not as expensive or as much bs to fix as the Humminbird.

I have had all the brands. I only have a Vexilar fl18 now and it is what I should have got at the start. Would have saved me all kinds of money and frustration of sending Humminbirds and marcums in for repair. I would also say that all marked fish about the same and all helped me catch more fish. I would take any of them over having nothing so on that point you can't make a bad choice.

Last edited by ROA; 10-21-2017 at 01:51 PM.