View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 07:34 PM

I have a buddy I've hung out with since high school who makes top quality knives. You will get yourself a high end knife at 1/3 the price!! He was trained by R.W Wilson of Virginia, a very well known accomplished knifemaker in the U.S. Here is a pic of one style of skinning knife he makes. These are not lightweights. They are heavy and they hold an edge unlike anything I have ever used. A good friend of mine who passed away a few years ago bought one for skinning beaver. He had a big trap line with a large quota. He had so much water he would have his quota of 110+ beaver in the first few days of the season before the first ice was on. He tried one of these knives and bought a second immediately. He said he never owned a knife that could do 55 beaver without needing sharpening so he bought a second and did all 110 each year on the two knives then sharpened them for the next season. You won't find a better quality knife for $150-$175 and it comes with a fantastic quality heavy leather fitted sheath. PM me if you want his contact info or check out his page, Wynn Stitt Knives on FB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0045.jpg (117.8 KB, 72 views)