Thread: Barbless Hooks
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valve god View Post
It was not in the box it was on my line that was pulled up by the F&W
Good to know.

There have been many discussions over what's "good enough" to pass. While the "line test" may not be the official way of determining if something is pinched down enough, it is certainly employed by a number of fish cops. As a result it really is best to ensure that your hooks will pass that test.

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, I'm just relaying what the experience of others seems to indicate.

I have a battery operated Dremel that I purchased for dealing with barbs. In theory, I charge it up before I leave, take it with me, and then quickly remove the barb before I put something new on my line.

I say "in theory" as I stopped bringing it along back in September. I think I should revive the practice based on your experience.

I don't remove my barbs as soon as I purchase something, as I don't know where I'll be using the item. In areas where it is legal, I will use barbed hooks.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.