View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 06:29 PM

I was maybe 8-9 years old. We went on a camping/fishing trip with my cousins and a few other families we knew. The campsite was along what I remember to be small to mid sized river. There was a bridge over the river there.

The first morning we were there, all the "boys" got up early and headed to the nearby lake to catch fish, I don't recall anyone catching anything all morning in the lake.

We got back to camp around lunch time, somewhat discouraged but not yet broken, so my cousin and I grabbed a rod and went to the river right under the bridge. I'm pretty sure I had a plain old spoon on the rod.

First cast, maybe cranked the reel once and bang, Bull Trout, so of course we start screaming like the forest is on fire just making a racket. Another cast or two and then another Bull, and another cast or two and bang another Bull. By this time, with the both of us who were screaming and yelling and jumping around like idiots my uncle, dad and some others came over to see what we were yelling about and just had a great laugh.

We probably landed 20-25 bulls in the next hour or so, 50 yards from camp. lol.

I have never caught so many trout, so easily, making so much noise, in such an obviously "poor" fishing area right under the highway bridge right in the camp site ...... lol.

Was an amazing memory and we still laugh about this every few years when we bring it up.