View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 01:10 PM
Banned

Default Give me a pack of steaks

Or a roast... How many times a year do you hear that when people find out you have a moose, elk, or deer?

I give away lots of wild game meat every year, some people need it, some people don't, but nobody thinks twice about asking for it.

One guy asked for a quarter of moose and said he'd give ma a quarter of elk when he shot one. I gave him a quarter, he shot an elk..... musta forgot about the deal he made.

This year he found out I got my moose draw, so he graciously offered to help me with my moose. When I brought up the fact I was still waiting for my elk meat, I got the deer in the headlights stare. Then he says he didn't know I wanted any elk meat, even forgot about the quarter of moose I hung in his shed until his wife said "yesssss, remember he gave us a quarter of moose".

I don't have a problem with giving away meat, it's just funny how people will ask for a pack of wild game, but wouldn't dare ask if you would mind running to Safeway and grabbing them a roast. I'd rather do that, beef roast is so much easier to come by!!!