Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
ok

chubby that was this year and fair enough, I did not fish this year. Last year we caught none that were milting, usually a sign that they are dispersing by that time. This year milting fish were likely a sign that they were spawn/post spawn but my understanding from where these fish were being caught that it was still post spawn. However I can not varify that as I was not there. What has been said is a likely delay in spawning is causing most of the grief. That is why these changes are coming about. Dispersal of post spawn fish is relatively quick on our reservoirs. Had it not been for the weird weather this year and last and been back to drought years this likely would have never been an issue. I am not against protecting fish as some have suggested, and do not like the SAWT and Walleye Unlimited bashing by some.

The same offer to you, if you are ever in the Lethbridge area and want to debate these issues over a coffee, PM me.

Now I am done
as mentioned by numerous posters.....the arm is a prime feeding area. The area provides spawning habitat and a quality area for the fish to replenish their depleted reserves......easy prey and comfort thats the key to a healthy post spawn

p.s im in the bridge alot...i look forward to it