Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl2 View Post
i just got off the phone with Terry Clayton and here is what i learned....

1- there has been no study done to provide hard facts as why these changes are taking place, these changes are just being made to protect the fish that spawn in the west arm ( as we have ice later and later fish are spawning later and later and this would ensure fish spawn in peace)

2- there was test netting done on the whole body of traverse but nobody has gone over that data yet, thus no conclusions have been made. these tests were not done to provide data for the changes being made in the west arm.

3- the idea that Terry does not believe walleye spawn in the west are is not true as he clearly identified as these reg changes to protect the spawning fish.

4- there has been no boundary set as to the closure, its still being worked on by the srd. he told me that he is waiting for input from land people. they are still a ways off of deciding on how much water this extended closure will impact.

this was not a long talk but i did express my concern as to where the boundary will be. i can only hope that its not 100m west of the dock and we do the right thing for the fish.
There seems to be a few things coming out now. It is possible we could learn a lot more as this continues. Thanks for the information G12. I think I read it some were when the next Walleye Unlimited meeting is and where it is but I could not find it. If someone could post that information or PM me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You