View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
It's a curious thing in which Canadians who support Trump seem to take any criticism of the man as a personal affront to themselves. Insulting and sparring with fellow Canadians just for having a different opinion of him is very strange. Not a big deal if he's not everyone's cup of tea.
I'm not a fan of the guy, but I'll give him credit on his accomplishments with the US economy and getting people jobs down there. We should be so lucky up here, but business investment (both domestic & foreign) just gets chased away. I do find it quite revealing though, when people go making unsubstantiated claims about Trump such as him being a racist or a rapist, that guy probably had all the tail he could stand throwing itself at him (and not because of his looks or charm of course). People digest so much hate media about the guy that they don't even bat an eyelash when the next more shocking claim comes out, they gobble it up like piranha gathered at a bloated carcass. The ones that are really telling though are the Canadian ones who've made a sport of feeling superior to the USA for decades. They'll go into full TDS on social media about him and US politics, but not mention a thing whatsoever about Canadian politics. Nothing. Silence. Its an odd phenomenon when it happens to people that you used to respect and thought were intelligent.