Thread: grizzly spotted
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I was one, hey lets go look. Until one day out in 429, unbeknownst to us, a grizz had taken down a small cow moose and buried her. It was buried on a well used quad trail, I had been on it a week prior. So didn't go looking at what the Ravens found so to speak.

Thanks to the big guy upstairs, we seen the bear before we quadded around that blind corner and surprised it. Some tense moments, a bluff charge but all good as we got around the kill with no sighting of the bear.

I won't go looking at kill sites anymore unless it's in the big wide open where I can see for a ways.
hool
>>
Crazy stuff you guys! I hope your camp was a ways away or you were out day riding. I can't imagine. Maybe it was waking up as an elementary school aged boy to the sound of Dads .270 taking out the black bear that was getting into the chicken coop or after the few hogs. South of Whitecourt, up House Mountain road way. Wakes you up in a hurry when you're living in a 10'x50' or so mobile home.

No Grizzly as I remember though. Oh yes, there was probably a season for them in the early 70's