View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 10:27 AM

I wouldn't touch anything shipping with a ten foot pole right now. Rates are dropping quickly as recessionary forces start to take hold. Here is a link to a website based around shipping if you want to have get a read on current conditions. https://theloadstar.com/

With rates going up everything big ticket that relies on financing to keep sales up is going to be hit pretty hard. Houses, vehicles, RV's, boats and ATV's. The trickle down effect from the drop in consumer spending on the biggest ticket items in consumer spending is going to hit the whole economy over the next couple years. I remember when Alberta went from boom to bust in 2014. Went from unfilled jobs everywhere to rampant unemployment and +30% vacancy in downtown Calgary. I think we are going to see the same on a larger scale coming down from the this lofty gov't and debt fueled frenzy. There will be a buying opportunity but IMO now is not that time.

Of course the gov't could also turn course and enable 0% interest rates with interest only payments to keep the party going. Then I expect houses will average 1billion by 2030! lol