View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
I haven't seen any "polls" on how the citizens of Calgary feel, but your position that most Calgarians "care" or really "care enough" to have the city pay for it is also an assumption. Where I work, there are some fans, but also many who don't follow hockey. I also have a couple friends that have given up their season tickets and don't bother any more.

For AO at least, it doesn't appear to me the majority think it should be paid for by the city.

How people think their tax dollars should be spent depends on the individual. I personally prefer more spending on amateur sports, not professional. I personally think that if the city pays for a reasonable portion of the arena they should be entitled to a portion of the revenue stream from the Flames.

But I certainly agree that the owners are not dummies.

I guess for me if I could see some numbers on how big of a tax hit it would be to each Calgarian, that would clear up a lot of assumptions. It might also shut me up too, because if it's significant, I might just switch my position. But I do like the Flames and hope we don't lose them however it works out in the end. Ill try dig that info up and post it.