View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlami991 View Post
I think we all forget these "selfish billionaire owners" contribute tons of money to the city of Calgary. Calgary hospitals have some of the best wards in the WORLD due to funding from current and former Flames philanthropists/owners. I guarantee we all know someone that has benefited from this.

Their golf tournament just raised over 300K for the Calgary flames foundation which helps "support health and wellness, education, and amateur and grassroots sports."

Many of these owners have chosen to live and call Calgary there home and they pay more taxes in a year than most people make in a year.
The owners made their money off OIL not off the Flames! I am sure they would have donated regardless. But I would rather donate my taxes to a hospital than rich people any day of the week!

Just because the Flames foundation raised 300K does not mean the players nor owners donated any of that money. That money would have been donated to various charities regardless if Flames existed or not.

I do not believe one bit that the owners are paying more taxes to the city of Calgary than most people make. Regardless it isn't owning the Flames that keep them in the city.