View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 07:39 AM

Just kind of a response to the last few posts and my previous question.

So, if at the end of the year your advisor doesn't provide enough alpha(extra return) above the benchmark that makes up for their extra fee's why are you paying them? What other service do they provide?

I can understand the value of an advisor for someone with plenty of wealth whose main concern is holding onto that wealth. Perhaps the fees of a good advisor are well worth it.

But for the vast majority of not wealthy people just starting out, a better route to success is to use the tax vehicles we all have, TFSA's, RRSP's etc. and low cost etf's. And just a small bit of education would go a long way.

And we should be teaching this stuff in our schools so that young people have a basic understanding of the simple concepts before they hit the streets. Right now we are setting most of them up for failure instead. Part of the reason we see the high debt levels and lack of savings.

Maybe they are starting to teach this type of stuff in schools now. I don't know?